Friday, February 29, 2008

Fingerprints - check!

Well, we got inked! Except there was no ink involved. It was all about them spraying some goo on our hands and pressing them to a little glass thingamajig. When we first arrived the intake guy looked at my hands, then looked at Spence's hands and said, "Hmmm. Come with me." Several people in a back room inspected a little cut on his finger, no doubt the result of tearing down a barn. Lucky for him they declared him fit to print, because I was about the pull the plug on his manly manual labor for a while.

We met another couple getting fingerprinted who is adopting through China. They said their wait would be about three years! I know China's taking longer, but three years? Some people are telling me the wait is even longer. This may make Ethiopian adoptions much more attractive to people. The print tech said she'd fingerprinted 4 other couples pursuing Ethiopian adoptions that same day. It's pretty exciting, but I really want to get my dossier across the pond before the rush begins.