Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

Yay! Our wheels are finally in motion. We mailed our formal application to Bethany yesterday. This is the first step in our home study, which also includes filling out forms, gathering records, getting medical exams, meeting with a Bethany social worker a number of times, including in our home, and several varieties of training.

After Spence and I completed the application paperwork, we both agreed we felt like we'd given birth. Then I laid the news on him -- this is just the home study. The dossier requires a whole different set of papers and the process is more like having twins. But one thing at a time. For now, we're going to bask in the glory of completing step one and look forward to step two: getting assigned a social worker (SW).

Let me add that (1) I'm new to blogging so if I do something silly on here that's why, and (2) adoption forums have a language all their own. So in an effort to look more educated than I really am, I may use some acronyms from time to time.

Spence and I took some friends on a great 7-8 mile hike today, while Caroline visited Santa with Mama Norma. We're all wiped out, so off to bed...