If you wanted to capture the essence of my kids, wrap it all up in a neat little package, these three pics would almost do the trick.
- Caroline has a spiral notebook and pen in her hand. She's happiest when she's adorning every available surface with hearts, happy faces and names of all the people she loves.
- Dawit's pushing something with wheels.
- Caroline's wearing pj's. Granted the sunset makes it look like bedtime is approaching, but she would wear them 24/7 if we (read: I) allowed it. If you draw the line at going out to restaurants in our sleepwear, Spence and I are on opposite sides of that line.
- Dawit's cheesing it up for the camera, while Caroline is pretty much blowing it off.
- Caroline's jagged little bangs give a little glimpse into her fiercely independent nature.
- Dawit is the poster child for Thomas the Tank Engine. See shoes.
- They're both a blur of activity.
So different, yet so uniquely awesome.