Thursday, January 7, 2010

Talking and such

It's true what they say about second children talking less than first. Dawit does a lot of chattering and he can say a few words - Dada, Mama, cracker, Dawie (Dah-EE) and milk (mack). But he only says one word on command: mack! He loves mack as much as Caroline loved bilk.

Caroline can carry on a conversation like an adult -- if she's not being shy. Last night on the way home from church, we passed her pediatrician's office. She said, "I don't like going there."

Me: Why?

C: Because they give me shots.

Me: You don't like shots?

C: I don't like it when they give me shots. I like it when they give Dawie shots.

Did I mention her other funny? Last week we were going to the grocery and, recalling Llama Llama Mad at Mama, I asked her to please not pitch a fit in the store. She replied, "I'm not gonna pinch a fit, Mama."