Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Progress: stalled (edited)

It just occurred to me that Dawit's many walking toys may actually be hindering his independent walking progress. Duh, I know. Caroline never had any, so she had no choice but to let go and let 'er rip. D's gotten so accustomed to the support and has gotten so good turning corners...



...and pushing things that get in his way, that he's hesitant to let go. He can actually run with a walker, but he's only taken one step unsupported.


I'm not complaining at all. I know he'll get there. And it's fun to watch him navigate the plethora of toys in his way. Edited to add: If you're wondering about the kids' eclectic outfits (including my wool socks Dawit is wearing), we're about to go hiking in cold weather.


And when he gets tired, he rests.