Sunday, August 2, 2009

First word!

I've got so much to post and so little time -- the rest of our Ethiopia trip journal, flood damage, etc. -- but this one trumps everything else:

Dawit said his first word this weekend: Da-da!

For a couple of days he'd been saying da-da-da-da-da, so we capitalized on the opportunity and worked on focusing it down to two syllables. Yesterday, we think he said it. But today I'm 100% sure. I said, "Da-da." He said, "Da-da." Daddy wasn't here to witness it though. He's off on a canoe-fishing day-trip with Caroline.

My little sister Jesi's first word was Da-da. It took months to get her to say anything else, so I was hesitant to push it with Dawit. But later this morning he dropped his toy. I said, "Uh-oh." And he said, "Uh-uh." Then he proceeded to say uh-uh whenever he couldn't reach a toy.

Caroline's first three words were kitty, Mama and tractor.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Good for our little guy. We knew he was smart! Maybe big sister can teach him to say "tractor".

Holly said...

So precious!

Norma said...

Way to go, Dawit! You're going to be a big talker. And you can clap, too! Yay!

los cazadores said...

Yayayaya!!!

Cindy