Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tagged!

Okay, I know I'm lame. I haven't posted in a month. Between working 10 to 12-hour days, including weekends, I haven't even collected Caroline anecdotes...and there have been many. But I have been tagged by Lori and Kara and Karey, so I'm going to come off hiatus briefly to share 7 random/weird facts about myself.


1. I have a weird aversion to mouth-related activities. This includes smacking, spitting, popping gum, eating marshmallows loudly, drooling and, yes, vomiting. Back when I had indoor cats and they barfed on the carpet, I was known to leave it there till it dried because I couldn't deal with it in fresh form. I'm better now that I have a kid, but I could NEVER be a dentist.

2. I showed horses when I was a kid, from age 9-12. Appaloosas, to be exact.

3. I once birthed a calf and a goat -- separate events, of course.

4. I cannot sleep with less than 2 pillows, and I prefer 3.

5. I have a birthmark on my right leg that I hated when I was a kid. I wore really dumb looking tube socks to cover it up. It doesn't bother me anymore.

6. I got paddled in first grade for scratching my friend. My fingernails were serious weapons, and they got me into lots of trouble.

7. My SIL dated Lyle Lovett. Sorry, AEI, to drag you into this. The closest I personally can come to a celebrity connection is my mom's best friend (when she was younger) was Toni Tennille's sister. (If you're younger than me, you probably haven't heard of Captain & Tennille.)


My blog/forum buddies are going through some rough times with a serious illness affecting several babies in our agency's transition home. So I'm not going to tag anyone specifically in case you're not feeling up to it. If you feel inclined to be tagged...you're it!